Thursday, September 19, 2013

Refunds for WWE Night of Champions?



Ok, real quick, I wanna talk about this. This is one of the dumbest things I think ever seen. Apparently, Cable companies are offering refunds to their customers over how Night of Champions ended and just how bad the overall pay-per-view actually was. 

I'm about to go on rant mode, so bear with me. 

WWE has been on a bad ppv stretch for quite some time, but that's cause the product today is trash. But there have been LOADS of pay-per-views worse than this. Even dating back to other eras, I'm sure pay-per-views didn't end the way the paying fans had wanted, but even then they never asked for refunds just because they didn't like how the show ended.

I'll give you an example. Iron Man 3. I won't give it away, but there's a certain twist in that movie that pissed A LOT of fans off, but not once did I see people asking for refunds or some other nonsense. And shame on the Cable companies for being so weak and giving in to these ignorant people. I don't believe they'd even be so childish to ask for them because they were unsatisfied. How many times do people ask for ticket refunds for a movie cause it was awful, or the hero died at the end or something? I guarantee you won't find many. 

Like I said there've been pay-per-views worse than this. Shows like: WWE Payback, WWE Extreme Rules, remember ECW December to Dismember in 2007? How about Over The Limit 2011 & 2012, how about that GOD AWFUL WrestleMania 27? How about any pay-per-view that John Cena has main evented and won? Oh yeah, people are upset, but I don't think they'd would go the length and ask for a refund. We could even discuss Night of Champions from last year too where the finish was so sloppy, messy, and poorly executed. 

There've been pay-per-views where people haven't liked how the show ended. How about the people that were bitching and moaning when The Rock beat CM Punk for the WWE Title? They were pissed, but they didn't ask for any refunds. There were people upset when Triple H beat The Rock at WrestleMania 2000. No refunds. How about Survivor Series 1999 when Stone Cold was taken out of the Triple Threat main even for the WWF Championship? Any refunds? Nope.

In my opinion, this is absolutely ridiculous. Today's society never ceases to amaze me. After all the nonsense WWE has done the past year, NOW people ask for a refund? Get outta here. And then to complain because the title was then stripped from Bryan the night after. Do you people have ANY IDEA how many times that's been done? 

I swear, this kind of thing makes me angry. It makes no sense and it makes the customers look so childish and stupid.

My two cents. I apologize for the ranting and judgment. I honestly hope none of you are that stupid. 


Read. Comment. Share.


By: Gerald "Showstopper" Prophete

No comments:

Post a Comment