Friday, September 20, 2013

NFL Week 3 Predictions




For the people that know me, you know how much I love my Football! So, I'm here to give my Week 3 Predictions for the NFL Season.

I got 1 pick right so far with The Chiefs' win last night over The Eagles. Alex Smith was efficient. Like I said, he plays an excellent game manager. Checking the ball down, and making simple plays. Jamaal Charles carried the bulk of the offense and their defense was on Vick all night, and forced 4 turnovers. I'm not surprised the Chiefs won, I'm surprised the score was 23-9 at one point. I do believe Alex Smith has to take more chances especially when you have a guy like Dwayne Bowe on your team. I do believe Chiefs will go on a losing streak soon, but for now, they're  one of the more balanced teams in Football.

Alright, I'll get into the other games. No time to break down Xs and Os, so I'll just give quick summaries, followed by my predictions.


Houston @ Baltimore

Baltimore hasn't looked like defending Super Bowl Champions which shouldn't shock anybody. Getting stomped by Denver and barely beating Cleveland. I think Houston is just a more complete Football team than Baltimore is. I expect Houston to force some turnovers, and grind it out to get the win in Baltimore.

Prediction: Texans defeat Ravens



NYG @ Carolina

I'm very tempted to pick Carolina here because they're due to get a win sooner or later and they're playing at home, but with The Giants, they always bounce back strong. Cam and The Panthers will get theirs, no doubt about it. I fully think The Panthers can win this game. The Giants do get overrated at times because of their success in the Super Bowl. But they're an amazingly inconsistent team, with a mediocre offense and defense. But if I were to choose one of these teams to go 0-3, it'd be Carolina.

Prediction: Giants defeat Panthers



Green Bay @ Cincinnati 

The Bengals have a good defense, and a very underrated defensive line. They've actually had one of the best defenses for the last couple seasons. I think The Bengals will stifle and maybe even shut down Green Bay's running game because they know how to close the gaps and give no space to the runner. I believe it'll come down to whether or not the Bengals defense can stop Aaron Rodgers and I don't think they can. Aaron Rodgers is one of, if the not, the best QB right now. Dalton has his weapons and he'll get his points. The Bengals offense can shine when they want to, but even though they're at home, give me Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay.

Prediction: Packers defeat Bengals



St. Louis @ Dallas

I'll admit, I was one of those people saying The Rams were doomed before they even started the season. It is still early, but right now, even though they're 1-1, they've looked pretty good. Bradford finally has some weapons. Some young weapons, but weapons nonetheless. The Rams Front 7 is so good. I saw that defensive line when they played Arizona and when they made that little run in Atlanta. They will be a force this season. But the problem with The Rams is that they're inconsistent. They can't perform like they did in Week 1 all the time, and now they're coming into Dallas against The Cowboys. Dallas has the same inconsistency, but playing them at Home is tough. This is a tough pick. The Rams are no longer that guaranteed win. You gotta grind it out to beat them now. I'm gonna take The Cowboys here, but it'll be a close one.

Prediction: Cowboys defeat Rams



Cleveland @ Minnesota

The Browns have pretty much forfeited the season by sending Trent Richardson to the Colts. I'll take the Vikings in this game. They'll force some turnovers and rattle Mr. Brandon Wheeden. Also, The Vikings have the best running back in Football: Adrian Peterson, and they're at home. Even though I don't believe in Christian Ponder and he looks lost without Percy Harvin, I think Minnesota will get the win.

Prediction: Vikings defeat Browns



Tampa Bay @ New England

Even as bad as New England looked against The Jets last Thursday, I still will take them over Tampa Bay. Josh Freeman looks to be regressing. I think Freeman has some talent, but this season so far is looking like it could be his worst.  He's got a guy he can throw it up to in Vincent Jackson and he's got the best corner in Football on his team in Darrelle Revis. I see their offense struggling to generate points and maintain drives, and I see The Patriots bouncing back and getting the win. The Patriots are gonna struggle with points too. This game is just all sorts of weird, but I'll take New England.

Prediction: Patriots defeat Buccaneers



Arizona @ New Orleans

The Saints are a very quiet 2-0 team. Their offense have struggled so far, but they're due for a breakout game sooner or later, but it won't be against Arizona. Like The Bengals, the Cards have always had a solid defense. Force turnovers, speed off the edge, nice pass rush. The whole 9. I've always said this team is one great QB away from being a playoff team and maybe even going back to the Super Bowl. Carson Palmer could be that guy, but it's too early to tell. If this was in Arizona, I would probably take The Cardinals in this game. I think they're a good team. But with the game in The Superdome, I'm gonna go with The Saints to get the win. It won't be easy, but I got New Orleans. Don't be surprised if The Cardinals get that upset win.

Prediction: Saints defeat Cardinals



San Diego @ Tennessee

UPSET ALERT

The Titans have looked really good this season so far. They shut down Pittsburgh in their own building and came very close to closing out Houston, but let it slip away. I always thought Jake Locker was a stud and he's playing solid football right now and The Titans as a team are flying under the radar with how their defense plays. Gotta watch more film on them, but their defense isn't Top 5, but it's pretty good. The Chargers are up and down for me. They'll look good one week, score 30 points the next, and then cool down. They don't have an All-Star defense, so The Titans will get theirs. Don't look now, but The Titans right now are looking pretty good. I'll take them for the upset.

Prediction: Titans defeat Chargers



Detroit @ Washington

The Redskins have looked abysmal the first two weeks. They got trounced by Philly in Week 1 and they got absolutely demolished by Green Bay although the score didn't dictate that. Green Bay was up 31-0 in the third quarter. RG3 is suffering from not playing in the preseason and his leg looks like it's still bothering him. He doesn't run as much anymore, almost like he's scared to now. I think The Redskins are due in for a win sooner or later, but they way they're playing, it'll hard to tell when they get a win. I wanna say they'll bring it together and pull out a win against Detroit, but I just think The Lions are a better Football team than Washington.

Prediction: Lions defeat Redskins



Atlanta @ Miami

This is gonna be a GOOD game. I'm still shocked that The Dolphins are 2-0. Then again, Week 1 was against Cleveland, and they had a test against The Colts and managed to pull the win out. Atlanta is a whole different beast. Matt Ryan is such a consistent Quarterback and his team is so stacked. They're gonna get their points because Miami's defense isn't really stellar. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is a shootout. Tannehill has some solid weapons on offense to stretch the field. Playing in Miami, I'm very tempted to pick the Dolphins, but I don't know if they can perform this well against a team like The Falcons. Their defense is good. So far, not as good as last season, but still pretty good. I'm excited to see this game and will definitely be watching. This a tough one. On the flip of a coin, I'm taking the Falcons.

Predictions: Falcons defeat Dolphins



Buffalo @ NYJ

Buffalo almost beat New England in Week 1 and E.J. Manuel had a good win against Panthers last week on a last second TD toss. This Bills/Jets game doesn't necessarily interest me. I think Geno looked good against New England. If their offense was better and could actually generate some points and extend drives, they would've beaten New England. But it's early, and I guess they can get better, but it's gonna take time. The Bills and E.J. look good and if the game was in Buffalo, I'd take them in a heartbeat, but only cause Jets have homefield advantage, I'll take them to beat Buffalo.

Prediction: Jets defeat Bills



JAX @ Seattle

The Jacksonville Jaguars vs The Seattle Seahawks. The Seahawks are a physically dominating team at Home on both sides of the ball. The Jaguars haven't been good since they got rid of David Garrard. They're the worst team in the league scoring a grand total of 11 points in 2 games. The Seahawks are gonna destroy them. I would actually LAUGH OUT LOUD if Jacksonville shuts everybody up and pulls an upset. But it's not happening. Seattle wins handily.

Prediction: Seahawks defeat Jaguars



Indianapolis @ San Francisco 

The Colts fan in me wants to pick them to win this game, even with the addition of Trent Richardson. But I just don't see it happening. If it was in Indy, it'd be a different story cause they play with a different sort of drive and energy at Home. But in San Francisco, just coming off a beatdown from Seattle, I don't think Indy can win it. I have no faith in their defense and their offensive line is garbage. I don't know if Trent Richardson can find some holes to run through or even create his own runs. And with how good San Fran's defensive line is, Luck is gonna need some time, or else he won't get that ball out fast enough and get sacked a number of times. The Niners offense have so many weapons, and I don't think The Colts can stop them.

Prediction: Niners defeat Colts



Chicago @ Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh clearly has not been playing like themselves all season. Ben's lost his center, Mike Pouncey...AGAIN and they just struggle to put up points on offense. 9 points against Tennessee and just 10 points against The Bengals. They aren't an offensive juggernaut, but they're better than this. Ben looks lost without some of his weapons. Pittsburgh isn't just playing good Football. Ben can still extend plays and buy himself some time, but right now things aren't looking too good. The Bears are coming to town 2-0 and on Sunday Night Football, Pittsburgh is gonna come out strong, play tough and get to the QB. The Bears aren't a scrub team either. They've become more of an offensive minded team. Jay Cutler really shines in this offense and makes some great plays when he was to. But their defense can still force turnovers and get to the QB. I hate to do this to The Steelers, but I'm taking The Bears going 3-0 and Pittsburgh dropping to 0-3.

Prediction: Bears defeat Steelers



Oakland @ Denver

The Denver Broncos are looking like the best team in Football right now. Two back-to-back blowout wins and Peyton Manning has 9 TD's and 0 INT's. This offense is clicking on all cylinders and they can't be stopped. Peyton Manning is playing like the best QB in Football right now, he's got weapons left and right, they've got a 3-headed Monster in the backfield. Their defense on the other hand is a little inconsistent, they can force turnovers and have a lethal secondary, but they have problems getting to the QB. Maybe when Von Miller gets back, their pass rush will improve, but right now, the strength of their defense is the secondary in my opinion. I could see them getting sacks in this game cause Oakland's offensive line isn't exactly the greatest in Football. Pryor can extend some plays with his running, but I'm sure Denver will be ready to shut that noise down. Denver at Home on Monday Night Football with Peyton Manning and that dangerous Broncos Team = Win.

Prediction: Broncos defeat Raiders


There are my picks for Week 2 of the NFL Season! Enjoy the games!


Read. Comment. Share. Please and Thank You.


By: Gerald "Showstopper" Prophete



No comments:

Post a Comment