It's Week 14 of the NFL Season and it's that time where every win is a MUST win game. And with so many teams still in playoff contention, every game is a MUST win. Let's go through them.
Minnesota @ Baltimore
- The Ravens are in the drivers seat, in control of their own destiny to get to the playoffs. They're at 6-6 in the #6 seed and have Minnesota in their Home stadium. The Vikings offense is pretty much Adrian Peterson and everybody else. They had a good showing against the Bears, but it's still a divisional game. The Vikings defense are a poor pass defense, decent agains the run, but they've been a sad team all season, switching QB's with Peterson being the only workhorse in this offense. Greg Jennings hasn't been the receiver Minnesota thought he'd be and guys like Cordelle Patterson and Jarius Wright are slowly stepping up. Ponder's days have come and gone. If Cassel plays, they might have a slight shot.
- But the Ravens are in that mode now. That win against Pittsburgh was much needed to get them back in the playoff drivers' seat. Flacco and his offense are connecting. Pitta has been activated and probably will play in this game. He's been Flacco's favorite target, giving him another solid, consistent option other than Torrey Smith, or Jacoby Jones. Ray Rice hasn't been explosive in the running game, but to his defense, he has been injured. In this playoff push, I expect him to play better. In Baltimore, that Ravens defense will be ready to play. Whoever the Vikings bring to the table, it won't be enough.
Prediction: Ravens defeat Vikings
Indianapolis @ Cincinnati
- On paper, you can say the Bengals are going to destroy this team, but this why we play the games. The Colts offensive line has been struggling all season, even before the injuries. They can move the ball consistently without Wayne as the catalyst to make the offense move. The only reliable receivers are Hilton and Fleener. Heyward-Bey dropped two key passes in the Colts-Titans game last week. Heyward-Bey can be a good deep threat for Luck but he is inconsistent, and drops way too many passes, especially ones where he's open and hit him right in the chest. Going against this Bengals defense, protecting Luck will be key. Even without Geno Atkins on the defensive line, the Bengals are still good at getting some pressure and stingy against the run. If the Colts pass protection can't show up and buy Luck time, he can't do what he can do and that's make smart decisions throwing the Football. His receiving core needs to step as well. It can't be all T.Y., Fleener, and Brown. Heyward-Bey needs to step it up. Donald Brown has been running the ball, but against a physical defensive line, he's going to need to be physical himself. You can't fight physical with finesse.
- The Bengals offense hasn't been the greatest thing on television, but they've been inconsistent. I believe Dalton is a good QB, but he needs to play better. I'm not sure if it's totally his fault, than it is the fault of the offensive coordinator not opening up the playbook and being more aggressive with his play calling playing Dalton's strengths. But with this Colts defense and the way they've played, the Bengals can move the ball and make plays. The Colts pass rush will have to mount consistent pressure and deny Dalton getting the ball to guys like Green, Jones, Sanu, and Pettigrew. They keep Dalton in the pocket and pressure him, he can't get the ball to his premiere playmakers and set up scoring opportunities. But the thing about the Colts defense is that they can make key stops when they have to. They've been playing that bend, don't break defense for quite some time now. Robert Mathis is still playing well leading that defensive line, and getting pressure on the QB. Maybe if Freeney gets his act together, he'll realize it was stupid of him to go to San Diego and he'll come back Home.
- Also, quietly, the Bengals are Undefeated in their home stadium. Their defensive energy is better and their offense can consistently move the ball down the field. The Colts are going to have play mistake free ball to win this one. Their pass protection has to be good, their defensive pressure needs to be great, and Luck will have to make plays and find his consistent receivers. I want my team to win, but against a team like the Bengals, on the road, and in cold weather, I can't see the Colts winning. It'll be a lot closer than people think, but when it's all said and done, I've got the Home team.
Prediction: Bengals defeat Colts
Atlanta @ Green Bay
- Before the beginning of the season, nobody predicted that these two teams would be where they are now at this point in the season. NOBODY. This is one of those games that's a toss up. Rodgers isn't back yet. Flynn is gonna start again and it's clear that he isn't the answer to Green Bay's prayers. The Falcons finally got that elusive win and broke their losing streak. But they're still an average team. They can't run the ball well, and their passing offense is inconsistent. Julio opened up the passing game more, but they were losing before he got injured. This is just one of those years for the Falcons where everything goes wrong. Same with Green Bay. Injuries are what's doing them in. First Cobb, Jones, and now Rodgers. Eddie Lacy is still running the ball like a beast, and Jordy is out there trying his best to make Flynn look good. Two sub-par teams who can't make key stops and struggle moving the ball down the field. I would take Green Bay simply because of the fact they're at Home, but I'll roll with the Falcons. The Falcons offense is more competent then Green Bay's offense has been.
Prediction: Falcons defeat Packers
Cleveland @ New England
- It's absolutely possible that the Browns can win this game and pull off an upset, but I don't see it, and especially not in Foxboro. The Browns offense has pretty much been Josh Gordon. He's had back-to-back 200 yard receiving games. That's all you need to know. Their running game is average at best. They can run the ball, but not explosively and make big plays in the process. And also, Brandon Wheeden is their QB. I think this offense can be consistent with Jason Campbell out there as QB, but Wheeden isn't a good decision maker, holds on to the ball too long, and has poor pocket presence. The Patriots' defense isn't the best in the league, but in their building, they can make Wheeden's day miserable.
- The Browns defense is still pretty stingy against the run and defends well against the pass. But not well enough to stop this team. The Patriots offense isn't the best, but they can move the ball and make plays down the field. Amendola and Edleman can get some separation and make plays in the secondary and Gronk works the middle getting behind the defense. Vereen can make plays running the ball and in the passing game. Simply put, this Patriots team will score points on the Browns. Might even be a blowout. But if Josh Gordon gets going, it'll be a closer game than you think. Then again, I doubt it.
Prediction: Patriots defeat Browns
Oakland @ NY Jets
- Judging by last week, The Jets are a mess of a team. I don't particularly agree with the whole benching Geno fiasco and bringing out Simms in the 3rd. Geno is a rookie and how is supposed to get better and produce consistently with poor pass protection, virtually no weapons to throw to, and gets benched stunting his growth and breaking his confidence. Geno is supposed to start on Sunday which is fine, but this Oakland Raiders team is solid on the defensive side of the ball and their defensive is good and getting some pressure on the QB. Their secondary is still vulnerable, but again, the only consistent receiver Geno has is Santonio. Who else does he have after that? I'm sure he'll struggle to move the ball, but he's got Chris Ivory in the backfield running the ball. Geno isn't devoid of all blame. Last time he threw a TD pass, the World Series was still going on.
- The Raiders look like they've got their QB for the rest of the season. McGloin hasn't been the playmaker Pryor was when he started. But where Pryor is a dual threat QB on the ground and through the air, while McGloin is a better pure pocket passer. They have a Top 5 running attack, but the Jets have the best running defense in the league. It'll be interesting to see how they play against each other. What about the Jets pass defense? Cromartie clearly isn't the CB he was in San Diego. He's been getting roasted on several occasions. If Tannehill can have the game he had against that Jets defense, McGloin won't have the same numbers, but he can still produce and move the ball on this team. The Jets defensive line is what kept them in some of these games this season, but as the offense goes, the defense goes. Both are slowly deteriorating. I'll take the Silver & Black in this one.
Prediction: Raiders defeat Jets
Detroit @ Philadelphia
- This is going to be the game that the Eagles lose. The Eagles have been playing some damn good Football. Foles has 19 TD's to 0 INT's, the league leading rusher in McCoy has played well, and their defense has stepped it up too. The Lions main weakness on defense is that they give up too many big plays. They're 2nd in the league behind the Saints in giving up the big play ball. The Lions aggressive defensive front line are the 3rd ranked running defense. They can get pressure, close the gaps, and force turnovers. Their secondary cannot give up the big play. Foles has been a roll as of late. They need to tighten the screws in the secondary because if Foles gets rolling with Riley and Desean, he won't stop. So, why is Detroit going to win?
- The Eagles are ranked last in total defense and they're facing the #2 best offense in the league. The Eagles defense can make key stops, but their still gives up a ton of yards through the air. How will the Eagles be able to get consistent pressure against what is probably the best offensive line in Football? How will the Eagles defend against Reggie Bush and Joique Bell? More importantly, how will they stop the Stafford/Megatron connection? The Eagles defense will have to contain that running game because they don't miss a beat when either man is on the bench. They'll need to double Calvin all game if they have to. Burleson and Durham are reliable threats, even Pettigrew is across the middle and in red zone situations. To put it simply, the Lions offense is what'll win this game for them.
- The Lions will move the ball on the Eagles. Slants, crossing routes, a heavy dose of Bush & Bell and the essential deep ball to Megatron. The Eagles offense can definitely put up the points against a Lions' defense that is notorious for giving up the big play, setting up play action, and letting McCoy do his thing. It'll come down to which defense can make the key stop. I believe in Detroit far more than Philadelphia to be quite honest. I'll even say that this is the game where Foles throws his 1st pick, and it'll actually count this time.
Prediction: Lions defeat Eagles
Miami @ Pittsburgh
- Both teams are still mathematically in the playoffs. The Steelers and Dolphins still control their own destiny. Pittsburgh's offensive line isn't the best, but lest we forget Miami has the worst offensive line in the league this season. Tannehill's been the most sacked QB this season. But the last couple games, they've shown signs of a pulse, playing probably the best defense in Carolina and a solid defensive unit in the Jets. The Dolphins have played aggressively, throwing the ball down the field, and now Mike Wallace is finally beginning to show why Miami signed him in the first place. But in Pittsburgh, in December, I can't see how Miami can go up there and beat them in their building. Their defense is ranked 9th in points allowed compared to Pittsburgh's 20th rank. Miami's defense has played well, forcing turnovers, and generating pressure keeping them in these games giving them a 2-2 record over their last 4 games, allowing under 200 yards passing over their last 3 games.
- But can Miami stop Big Ben? The Steelers can't run the ball effectively even though Bell ran well against the Ravens. Miami may have a higher ranked defense, but Pittsburgh has a higher ranked offense. Steelers can move the ball better on Miami's defense than Miami can on Pittsburgh's defense. The Steelers defense is more aggressive and against a poor offensive line, Tannehill will have to get that ball out quickly and find his receivers. The Dolphins will have to play aggressive and attack the Pittsburgh secondary and jump on top. Big Ben can extend the play and make plays with his feet. That's his strength at QB. When the play breaks down, he can make plays out of the pocket. Miami's defense has played well, but they'll have to contain Big Ben and beat them from the pocket. Even then, they still have to worry about Heath Miller and Antonio Brown. Pittsburgh's offense is dangerous when they get it going.
- It'll be about which defense can make the big play. Pittsburgh is susceptible to the big play ball and Miami is beginning to find a rhythm offensively. Wallace is coming alive, they'll need to work out different schemes to get him open and get Hartline and Matthews involved. Their running game, like Pittsburgh's has been nonexistent. This is a must win game for both teams, but in Pittsburgh, in cold weather Football, I'm gonna roll with Big Ben and Co.
Prediction: Steelers defeat Dolphins
Buffalo @ Tampa Bay
- Interesting game here. Both defenses are pretty stagnant and stingy. The Bills may no longer lead in sacks and interceptions, but they are still efficient at those aspects. The Bucs have played good defense, especially against the run and the Bills have the 4th ranked rushing attack in the league. Glennon has played well finding a nice rhythm with his receivers. EJ Manuel back in the lineup has given the Bills a boost on the offensive side of the ball making their passing attack more explosive. Like I said last week, Bills are a couple of plays and mistakes away from being a 7 win team. They've only lost 2 games by double digits. The Bucs running attack isn't as potent as the Bills. Even with how stingy this Bucs frontline is against the run, the Bills will have opportunities to run the ball effectively. EJ is a better QB than people give him credit for.
- The Bucs pass defense have given up over 270 yards through the air in their last 3 games. Even with Revis on Stevie Johnson, he's sill got Goodwin and Woods may come back and other weapons as well. The Bucs have Jackson and Underwood as their big play receivers. Bill are good at defending the big play ball themselves. It'll come down to which QB can make that play to win the game. If the game was in Buffalo, I'd take Buffalo. But even with the game in Tampa Bay, I think the Bills can pull out a win here.
Prediction: Bills defeat Buccaneers
Kansas City @ Washington
- Gone are the days, where Kansas City won games off the strength of their defense. Ever since losing to Denver, KC now has to outscore their opponents and force turnovers if they're gonna win games. They're still 9-3 and in the #5 seed. I don't see them losing 4 straight and dropping out the playoffs. The Chiefs are a better team than that. But I had a feeling that once Kansas City started facing high octane offenses, they'd need to change their game plan. To their defense, Hali & Houston were injured in the San Diego game, allowing Rivers to throw at will. Houston is still out and is their best edge rusher. Hali will have to pick up the slack. The Redskins played an average defense last week and looked like the 2012 Redskins, but the Chiefs are another beast. Their defense is still a solid unit. They can get pressure and force turnovers, but as history has shown, without consistent pressure, their secondary can and will get exposed. Look what Manning and Rivers did to that defense in just 3 games: over 1,000 yards passing, 9 TD's and 2 INT's. Peyton had 5 in 1 game on his own.
- It's possible that RG3 could do the same, but his offense isn't as explosive as San Diego, and especially not Denver. They've got the top running game in the league and they can move the ball on this defense if there's no pressure in his face. The Redskins offensive stats are great, despite their record. If they want to win this game they're going to need to contain the Chief's best weapons; Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe. If they can stop them, they can win. But even in losses, Alex Smith has played exceptionally well. He's been making great throws in key drives, he can make plays with his feet, and and he's become a better deep ball passer when he has to. And I'll believe he'll have to in this game.
- As time goes, on the Chiefs can no longer rely on their defense to bail them out. They're gonna find themselves in more shootouts and will need to outscore the opposition. The Redskins secondary is decent, but the Chiefs can move the ball on them. They'll need to implement Bowe and McGrath more, and of course a heavy dose of Jamaal Charles. Without consistent pressure, the Redskins will be able to move the ball through the air and on the ground against the Chiefs 20th ranked run defense. I think this is the game where the Chiefs get back on track and get to wins for the first time since 2009.
Prediction: Chiefs defeat Redskins
Tennessee @ Denver
- The Tennessee Titans go up to Denver to face the best team in the AFC, the Denver Broncos. Despite what happened in New England, the AFC Championship will still run through Denver when it's all said and done. Even with Rodgers-Cromartie still probable to play and Julius Thomas still not 100%, they're still a dangerous team. Look at what Peyton Manning did to Kansas City last week putting up 35 on them, connecting with Decker 4 times. Even with Demaryius out, you still had Peyton connecting with Decker. That offense has so much depth and when Julius Thomas gets healthy, just think how dangerous they will be come playoff time.
- The Titans, since losing to The Colts last week are pretty much out the running to win the South. Their defense is still decently strong. They have a 9th ranked defense, 7th against the pass, and are giving up 20.2 points per game on the road. Quietly, they've played good defense. It's their offense that has been hit and miss. Locker has been hurt, and now he's out for the season. Fitzpatrick has stepped in and played well, but not well enough. Denver's pass rush has gotten better, but their secondary, especially with Rodgers-Cromartie out there, can get exposed and if the Titans are aggressive enough, they'll throw on them often and early and run the ball effectively. But even if they do that, it'll come down to whether or not Tennessee can stop Peyton Manning. They can't and they won't. The AFC South has played Peyton Manning well though. The Colts beat them, the Jags gave them a scare in the 1st half of their game, so you never know.
Prediction: Broncos defeat Titans
St. Louis @ Arizona
- Another must win game for both these teams. Arizona is still right behind San Francisco in the hunt for the #6 seed. The Rams are 3 games out of that spot themselves. Clemens has played well, but it's been that defense that's been winning games for them. That defensive line has been amazing the last few games, collapsing pockets, forcing pressure, and generating sacks and turnovers. Their offense came up against a rude awakening in San Francisco. They might walk into another one here. The Cardinals defense, even thought Foles and Co. lit them up, is still a solid unit. Palmer has done a fine job leading this team to a good stretch of wins behind that defense.
- The Rams are a layered team. They've got a Monstrous defensive line, Tavon Austin making plays in the open field and Zac Stacy running the ball well. We learned last week that when Austin and Stacy are shut down, Clemens can't beat them throwing the ball, making bad throws. People forget how good the Cardinals are when they're playing at Home in front their fans. They're a much different Football team. Their defensive energy goes up a few notches.
- The Rams need to bring the pressure and force Palmer into the making the bad throws and decisions he's known to make at times. I think the Cardinals can move the ball on the Rams and put up points. The Cardinals defense won't completely shut down Tavon and Stacy like San Fran did, but I can see them keeping the duo in check and forcing Clemens to beat them, and in Arizona, in front of that crowd, it's not gonna happen. As much as I like the Rams as a unit and I can see them being a dangerous team next season, their playoff hopes end with this loss.
Prediction: Cardinals defeat Rams
NY Giants @ San Diego
- The Chargers controlled their own fate with 4 Home games. They already lost one to Cincinnati. Chargers are major choke artists in their own right. And in come the New York Giants who haven't played well all season. When going up against major teams with a competent offense, not led by a 3rd string QB, they've lost. The Redskins offense has looked abysmal all season, but the Giants made that offense look good. What chance do they have against an offense like San Diego when their secondary has given up 13, 40+ yard passing plays. Rivers still has the best completion% in the league and Keenan Allen is making a case for Rookie of the Year as Rivers has really made him a go to weapon in this offense, and Woodhead has come in the last few weeks in the slot.
- The only thing the Giants have going for them is that San Diego's secondary isn't strong themselves (ranked 28th) and even Eli will be able to move the ball consistently on them with Randle coming on, Nicks starting to make plays and of course Cruz. Eli's found a new favorite target in his tight end, and their running game has been effective, running for over 120 in their last 3 games. San Diego's pass rush is inconsistent. They'll have a good game, but then they'll have an off game. San Diego is inconsistent altogether. How will their corners defend against Cruz, Nicks, Myers, and Randle and contain the running attack?
- How will the Giants defense stop Woodhead, Gates, Allen, and even Royal? More importantly, can they generate enough pressure to rattle Rivers and contain that offense? What has happened this season when the Giants went up against competent offensive teams? Dallas? Lose (2x). Panthers? Loss. Chiefs? Loss. Broncos? Loss. I can keep going. They've struggled against good teams, and won against struggling, injury-ridden teams with 3rd stringers starting at QB. Now, this is gonna be a good game. I could see a potential shootout in the works. Both teams give up the big play, and it'll come down to which defense can make that key stop late in the game. Giants are still mathematically in the playoffs, and so are San Diego, so this will be a good one. I'm gonna stick with the Chargers in this one.
Prediction: Chargers defeat Giants
Seattle @ San Francisco
- The last time these two teams met, the Seahawks blew out the Niners 29-3. The last time these teams met in San Francisco, Alex Smith was still the QB. Seems like a while ago, right? People were dubbing the Saints as the best team in the NFC, but after how Seattle stomped all over Drew Brees and Co. it's clear who the best team is. And now Seattle has another test….the San Francisco 49ers. People are saying that this is the team that can defeat the Seahawks. Maybe if the NFC ran through San Fran, maybe. But I disagree and I'll explain why.
- A healthy San Francisco team with guys like Crabtree, and Manningham playing at 100% can get some separation through the defense and make plays with their speed. Davis and Boldin won't be enough if San Fran wants to topple Seattle. They need a good balance of speed and great route running and separation through their offense to make plays. They need to get their best speedsters in the open field to make plays and eat up chunks of yardage. But the thing is, I believe Seattle's defense matches up too well with San Francisco's offense. Their corners are big and physical, will fight you at the line of scrimmage for position, and play tight coverage and give receivers no room to breathe. Not to mention, there is almost no other defensive front (besides maybe Carolina) that can get such excellent pressure on the QB, and force turnovers. That's where Kaepernick gets contained. The Carolina Panthers took away that running aspect and made Kaepernick beat them from the pocket and he couldn't. He had 91 yards passing. If the Seahawks can contain Kaepernick and turn him into a pocket passer, they can win this game. That's one of his weaknesses. He's not a pure pocket passer despite the fact that he's got a strong arm.
- But what will win this game is Seattle's offense. I knew their offense was good, but the Saints defense made them look like absolutely amazing. Their offense is 2nd in points per game and they've got the weapons to stretch the field. Without Sidney Rice out there, Kearse has come on as a viable deep threat, Golden Tate and Zach Miller are making plays, and if Percy Harvin can get in the open space, he can do some damage. He'll be the key moving forward come playoff time. And then there's Russell Wilson who I'm a fan of. I admire his playing style, mechanics, and his ball release off his throwing motion. Now, he's running more and more to extend the play. The only way to stop this offense is to get consistent pressure on Wilson, disrupt this rhythm and force turnovers. That's how the Colts beat them. That and their offense stepped up and made plays. Flush Wilson out of the pocket, get pressure, bottle up his receivers, and force turnovers and make him beat you on the run.
- This is going to be a great game, but I'm gonna give it to the Seahawks. Their defense can match up and defend well with this offense. This Seattle offense keeps on getting better, and the Niners defense has looked vulnerable at times. The last time a dominant defense came up to San Fran, the Niners had only 9 points to show for it. People are saying how bad Seattle is on the road. This just in; they've only lost 1 road game this season. People are saying the Niners will expose the Seahawks. I say the Seahawks will put away the Niners and ensure they lock up that #1 seed.
Prediction: Seahawks defeat 49ers
Carolina @ New Orleans
- Did you ever think that before this season started, that in Week 14, the Panthers and Saints would both be 9-3 tied for the NFC South and it's the Falcons that would have the losing record? I didn't. But the Panthers are coming in playing great Football on both sides of the ball and now they walk into the Super Dome where Drew Brees is 6-0 this season.
- In their last 6 games, the Panthers have outscored teams 146-77. That Carolina defense is what's keeping this team in games. They're the #1 defense in terms of points allowed per game, #2 overall and against the run. They've surpassed Arizona as the best run defense in the NFC, the way they get pressure of the edge and force turnovers is amazing. I did not expect their defense to be this good. They've won 8 straight, but can they win 9 straight and take the NFC South? I don't know. The Saints offense is really explosive when they're at Home, scoring on average, 33.2 points per game in the Super Dome. But I haven't even talked about the offense yet. Cam Newton has played extremely well this season. Extending the play, making plays with his feet picking huge yardage on 3rd down plays and making those key throws when they really count. His receiving core isn't the best, but Steve Smith is a viable deep threat, Ginn has got the speed, and Olsen and Lafell can make the clutch grabs when they have to. But one of Cam's strength is that he knows how to escape the pressure when the play breaks down.
- But Brees isn't invincible. Look at what Seattle did to him and his team last Monday Night. They were absolutely annihilated. The Panthers defense is just as good, if not better, than the Seahawks. But here's the thing, Carolina's strength of defense comes from their defensive front 7. Their pass defense can be exposed as times. Ryan Tannehill and Mike Wallace had a Field Day on them a few weeks ago. That's how the Saints need to, and probably will, attack this Carolina defense. Starting aggressive by throwing down field and working the middle of the field. They know this Carolina Front 7 will contain the running game and will be all over those little screen passes and short to intermediate routes. Brees will have to make the throws and make the plays to beat this defense, but as strong as Carolina's defensive line is, they need to keep Brees in the pocket and get pressure on him and force turnovers.
- Teams playing in New Orleans have only scored 15.8 points per game against them, and QB's have only averaged 181.0 yards per game in the Super Dome. Carolina's defense is what can win this game for them. Their defense can contain Brees and slow down that offense, but their pass defense will have to come to play against the many weapons on that Saints offense. The Saints defense is inconsistent and I believe the Panthers can move the ball on this defense and put up points. I'll say this again, Carolina is REAL. Physicality almost always beats out Finesse. Drew Brees is 6-0 at Home, but he's 6-8 against the Panthers.
Prediction: Panthers defeat Saints
Dallas @ Chicago
- No word on whether or not Jay Cutler will play, so I believe Josh McCown will go. You would think that in Chicago, this would be an open and shut case for the Bears, but they way they've been playing, I wouldn't say that. The Bears are reeling, giving up tons of yards on defense, despite the fact that they lead the league in interceptions. The Cowboys come in with probably the worst defense in the league, giving up the 25.2 points per game, still atop the NFC East. Romo, despite what people say about his December record, has been playing well this season. People say Romo has a poor record in December, which he does, but his stats say otherwise. He's played good games, but his defense is what gives up the points leading up losses. Not saying he's not to blame, whenever crunch time comes around, he makes a key turnover and everybody will forget how well he played throughout the game and look at that 1 bad play.
- The Cowboys have been playing better than the Bears. The Dallas defense, statistically look bad, but their defense makes big stops when the time calls for it. They can get pressure and with Sean Lee coming back, their defense gets a nice boost in pass rush and defending agains the pass and running plays. McCown and Jeffrey have been a dangerous connection, but I don't think they have enough to match up with Dallas. The Bears gave up 400 yards of offense to the Redskins. These Cowboys have the playmakers to consistently move the ball down the field and make plays. The Bears defense has to buckle down and throw off Romo's rhythm. McCown's been good at making good throws, throwing on the run, and finding that open man. Give Dallas a heavy dose of Forte and see how Sean Lee reacts in his first game back.
- This isn't too shocking. The Cowboys are a better team right now than the Bears. If Cutler was playing, I would think differently, but like I said about Baltimore, Dallas is in that playoff push mode where they need to win every game. I don't think the Bears defense can match up with the Cowboys offense. I'm taking The 'Boys.
Prediction: Cowboys defeat Bears
Enjoy The Games!
Read. Comment. Share.
By: Gerald "Showstopper" Prophete