Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Future of Dwight Howard


This blog post is long overdue. I predicted The Lakers would have no shot against San Antonio and after being SWEPT and suffering the worst home loss in playoff history in Game 3, this leaves the future of Dwight Howard up for discussion after his poor performance. I saw this coming. I may not have said it in these blogs, but I saw this coming from the get-go. But this is not what this post is about. What is the future of Dwight Howard? Will he stay, or will he go?

If he's smart, he'll go. Game 4 was a painful realization of what Dwight is in for once Kobe and Nash retire. And the future does not look very bright. Dwight could've avoided all of this and stayed in Orlando. But he had to cause a scene, get some people fired, and jump ship to Los Angeles. He's got nobody to blame but himself. I think he'll stay, but he should go, but where would he go?

Some people say The Dallas Mavericks would be a good fit. I think that would be a good fit for him as well.  I think an even better fit would be The Houston Rockets. It's almost the same sort of situation like he had in Orlando. He would have a great young roster around him with James Harden, Chandler Parsons, Jeremy Lin, Omir Asik, Carlos Delfino, Francisco Garcia. I think he'd fit in well with that team, give them a much needed boost and won't be all about one man like the Lakers was about Kobe Bryant. 

I've also heard grumblings about Atlanta, or Brooklyn. The Hawks are fine with Al Horford and I don't think Brooklyn would try for Dwight when they have Brook Lopez. 

My gut feeling says Dwight will fold under the pressure and re-sign with The Lakers, but if he knows what's good for him, he'll leave while he still can. No good can from staying. Unless he wants to be swept out of the playoffs for the second consecutive season, he can go right ahead. I think he can find another team better suited for him. If he's gonna go anywhere, I say either Houston or Dallas. Those two teams would be better fits for him.

Just my two cents.


Feel free to Comment.



By: Gerald "Showstopper" Prophete 

No comments:

Post a Comment