Sunday, April 7, 2013

Final Thoughts: WrestleMania 29


WrestleMania Sunday is upon us! I've tried to get excited about the show tonight and it's about the same as it was when I posted the WrestleMania Predictions blog. I mean, it's WrestleMania, so I am excited. I'm just gonna post my final thoughts. I'll make it quick.

Match of the Night: 

I think Match of the Night very well could be Triple H vs Brock Lesnar. IF they decide to let these guys cut loose, we can get a real street fight. These days, WWE thinks hardcore is a few chairs. We need these guys to use everything they can get their hands on. More importantly, we need blood. Blood adds such an extra layer to personal matches like this one for example. I expect a WAR. This match will be entertaining.

Punk/Undertaker is gonna be good, but slow and have a lot of false finishes and people are gonna proclaim it as the greatest WrestleMania match of all time. Sheesh.

Rock and Cena are going to be LOADED with false finishes, near falls, and multiple finishers. Should be a solid match overall.

As far as the undercard, I'm looking forward to Jericho vs Fandango. If these guys get 15 minutes from bell to bell, they can steal the show. A lot of people are underrating Fandango. This is gonna be a good match.


What I'm Not Looking Forward To:

I'm not looking forward to all the cheesy segments they WILL do. Cheap attempts at comedy and bad humor and then you factor in all the ads, touts, and other stuff which are there to give the crowds a break, but it's just useless filler to me.

I'm also not looking forward to seeing Tons of Funk and the Funkadactyls dance in the ring with the little kids.


Overall Presentation:

This is what the set looks like. Excited yet?


Let me just say, the set looks AMAZING. They've really out done themselves with this one. It really represents New York even though Metlife is in New Jersey. Can't wait to see it.


Overall, I think this WrestleMania has the potential to be REALLY good. With matches like Rock/Cena, HHH/Lesnar, and Punk/Taker, no way this show should be bad. It should surpass last year's show. They have great matches and an awesome crowd to work with.

Do I think Dolph Ziggler wish cash in his Money in the Bank? No.

Will John Cena turn heel? Doubt it. WWE doesn't have the balls to pull the trigger.

This is how they reel you in. They tease both of these and they both don't happen.  If they do happen, then I'll be surprised. But I really doubt it.

Like I said before, expect a lot of ads, touts, poor backstage comedy and insanely long video packages. I'm looking forward to the show. I'll be watching intently tonight.

Be prepared for a LONG blog after the show because I'm going to be covering the Pre-Show as well. I'll also be tweeting during the event.

Happy WrestleMania! Enjoy the show!


Feel free to Comment.

By: Gerald "Showstopper" Prophete

No comments:

Post a Comment